Welcome to a new and exciting season of YCF Swimming! We have many changes and enhancements coming to improve your YCF experience and a summary of those changes is listed below:
- YCF Swimming is now partnering with Active Swim Manager! This cloud based software will be your one stop shop to sign up for each new YCF season, sign up (and pay for) for swim meets, reference past results and best times, receive team eblasts and text alerts, purchase additional YCF t-shirts for family and friends and much, much more! Effective now, your swim team fees and Y membership will continue to draft monthly as it currently does through the YMCA system, but all other swim team transactions will now come thru Swim Manager. Also coming thru Swim Manager is our annual registration fee ($25) for all groups along with our team fee ($100) for competitive and national track swimmers… these fees are paid one time in each new ‘swim year’, (which goes September thru August), and cover each swimmer’s new season t-shirt(s) and additional swim caps along with YMCA league dues for all swimmers and USA Swimming membership for competitive and national track swimmers. We will be building our Swim Manager database thru the month of October and ask all current YCF swimmers to complete their registration through this new system no later than November 1, 2017. As stated above, this registration process will satisfy your annual status with YCF through August 2018 regardless of how many times you may leave and come back to swim team during that seasonal time frame. We will all learn this dynamic new system together, but if you have any questions that your self-exploration cannot answer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speaking of new, YCF Swimming also has a new YCF team store and vendor! Augusta Swim Supply is one of the leading Speedo merchandise dealers in the country and will now be servicing YCF Swimming and Diving. Along with a new vendor is a new request from our coaching staff that ALL swimmers in ALL practice groups have a YCF team suit for swim meets. A big part of being on a team is having a team uniform and we want our swimmers to have the same level of ownership and pride in YCF as we do! There is also a series of other team apparel and training equipment available, (either encouraged or required based on practice group), along with the option to have your items delivered to your Y through the swim team office or get them delivered even faster right to your door. You can find all the details on the team store link available at our YCF Swim Team website.
- In a continued attempt to improve our team communication, we now also have three new YCF social media options for you to follow… so if you are on facebook, check out the group YCF Swimming… on twitter you can check out @ycfswimming… and on instagram, (you guessed it), find us at ycfswimming!
- For our Competitive and National Track families, we have modified our home meet volunteer obligation to (hopefully) make it more flexible for you to support your swimmer(s) and your team. Instead of working up to two meet sessions per family at every YCF hosted swim meet like the past few seasons, we are now using an annual point system where every swimmer/family will be required to earn 10 points, (where each meet session = 1 point for each family member who volunteers)… so now families have the flexibility of spreading out their volunteer shifts at meets of their choosing or knocking out all 10 points before January, (depending on YOUR preference). What’s even better is that this system is also able to be tracked in Swim Manager, although FYI that multi-swimmer families will initially show 10 points needed per swimmer, which will be adjusted to ‘per family’ as the season goes on… families will also still have the option to ‘buy out’ their volunteer obligation, but our continued goal is to get your time and NOT your money.
- Last announcement/FYI/reminder is that all Competitive and National track swimmers will need to attend three (3) days of YMCA swim meets in order to be eligible for YMCA State and/or YMCA Nationals… the YMCA State meet is a wonderful ‘all-team’ championship meet and is always one that the coaches look forward to all season. Please check out the ‘TYPE’ column on the Meets & Outings section of the team website to find all the ‘YMCA’ type meets between now and February to plan out your minimum of three (3) YMCA meet days.
All changes are adjustments, even exciting changes like the ones listed above, so please take some time to explore and understand these new quality enhancements and ask your coach and/or email email@example.com with any questions.